Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Late August

August brings colder mornings, heavy dew and sometimes fog.  The day length begins to shorten noticeably.  At some point it hits you that summer is ending.  Funny as it sounds that realization always comes as something of surprise.  It is one thing to know it in your head and another thing to accept it with your heart.  I allow myself to feel a bit of sadness, it is similar to the feeling you have when you listen music that is so beautiful that you almost want to cry.

Yeah, I know I'm getting all gushy and sentimental here. But don't worry, it'll pass.

Our grandson stopped by for a visit.

along with his dad, mom and big sisters.

This kid knows where the milk bar is.  Marja and I babysat him for an afternoon. I fed him two bottles of momma's milk one after the other and then Marja put him to bed.  He slept 12 hours straight.  And he's only 4 months old!

Alina and Jonathan enjoying breakfast.

Leave it to a cat to find the most comfortable place to sleep.

Babies sleep best outdoors in the fresh air.

David reading the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment