Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Clouds

Twas a warm afternoon and thunderheads were rising.

I was fascinated by how this cloud was backlit by the sun and glowing at the edges.

This could have turned into a thunderstorm for us.


But it passed south of us.  We heard lots of thunder.


When I see clouds I often hum Joni Mitchell's song , Both Side Now. It's kind of a sad pessimistic song, but nevertheless beautiful.  Somehow the first four lines seem to overcome all the rest of it.  It's like they win the argument that follows.


Rows and flows of angel hair 

And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done 
But clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
Moons and Junes and ferries wheels 
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real 
I've looked at love that way
But now it's just another show 
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know 
Don't give yourself away
I've looked at love from both sides now 
From give and take and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really

No comments:

Post a Comment