Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August Flowers

Our meadow was particularly beautiful this year because the sheep had not grazed all summer.  It always amazes me how wildflowers always seem to complement each other in color and form.  They bloom at just the right time, in harmony with their counterparts.  I have read that in Japan they even teach classes on flower arranging.  I remember my father remarking about flowers he had seem while fishing out in the woods at remote beaver dams.  He said he used to wonder why God created such beautiful flowers in places where no one was ever likely to see.  Then occurred to him that God Himself enjoyed seeing them.

I believe my father was right.

A bumblebee on a spotted knapweed flower.
Spotted knapweed is considered an invasive species, but it is a wonderful nectar plant and my honeybees put up a lot of honey when it is in bloom.


My sheep like it too.

Mmmm.....

In a few days the flowers will be all gone.  That is why I took these pictures when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment