Monday, January 28, 2019

Winter Wonderland

This year I upgraded my snow removal equipment.  My father always said that you need a five foot blower to handle the snow we get up here.  Last winter I came to share his opinion, so over the summer I traded in my old tractor and blower and got this John Deere 38hp with a five foot blower.

David breaking in the new generation.

As the old whalers would shout, "There she blows!" 

Blowing snow is fun!  My new cab works quite well, but  some snow still blows in.  I plan to add some more material and make a modifications.

The sun comes out.

Highlighting a winter wonderland.


Isn't this just lovely?

BAAA...Humbug!

Winter is a two-edged sword.  Snow is beautiful, but it must be dealt with on its own terms.  One of the things I enjoy about the Copper Country is that no matter how much snow falls or how bad a storm is, within a day or two all the roads are plowed and everyone has their driveway cleaned out.  There is something comforting in that.  We are all in it together and we all know how to deal with it.
Fortunately Dr. Don has a proven cure for the mid-winter blahs.  You begin it in a mixing bowl...

....and then let it bask in the warmth of the parlor stove.

Sprinkle on some raesokeria  (whatever this granular sugar is called in English)

Your cure, fresh out of the oven.   Cut  yourself a thick slice, slather on a layer of butter,  and pour yourself a cup of fresh coffee.  Take your medicine seated by the window with your feet up, and say goodbye to your mid-winter blahs.  Repeat dosage as required.

No comments:

Post a Comment