Monday, January 28, 2019

Visiting the Sheep

Winter is an easy time when it comes to keeping sheep.  All I really need to do is take out one bale of hay from the hayshed each day and spread it on the snow.  I usually spend some time watching them feed, not because it is necessary, but because I just enjoy watching them.  They paw through the hay, searching for the tastiest bits, and munch away with determination.  The dominant ones will push aside the others, so I spread out the bale into several piles with my hayfork so that everyone has  place at the table.

Helga and Enni are sisters, one year apart.

I no longer use this old hay feeder, but it turns out to be a fun gym.

What's that kid up to anyway?

She sure is making a lot of noise!

Uh oh, now she's bringing that kid closer

Watching sheep is fun, isn't it Mummu?

No comments:

Post a Comment