Monday, January 28, 2019

Winter Days

A cold morning.

But it's warm inside.

All done with my aamupuuroa!
Blowing snow is a way of life up here.

Some people think that's funny.

But snow is no problem as long as you don't run out of hay.

Some get by on caffeine.

Heading out with my pole saw to trim the lower branches from my pine trees.

This was one weird snowstorm.  First snow, then rain, then heavy wet snow that filled in the driveways like concrete.  The following day I spent three hours blowing it with my tractor.  It felt like blowing slush, just like when I blow the mat from my driveway when it melts and softens in the spring.

Morning.
 Evening.  The  Finns call this the sininen hetki, the blue moment, when the fading light turns the snow blue.  A culture has expressions like this is a culture that is close to nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment