Sunday, October 14, 2018

A Cold October

An October sunrise after a week of clouds and rain.

Nothing like an early snowfall to remind you about what is coming.



Time to get the firewood into the basement.  The plywood extension my my tractor bucket allows me to haul much more wood per load.

Back in the day, when I had healthy teenage sons at home, getting the wood into the basement kind of happened by itself.  I don't recall it being much work.  I'm not even sure I was involved.

Somebody found a warmer spot to sit on this cold morning.

Off we go.

Cats are curious.

He seemed fascinated to see the world go by from his perch.

When I was a grade school I recall that some kids from a less than well-to-do neighborhood carried  the distinctive odor of wood smoke.  It was the smell poverty.  I am often reminded of that when I step into our house and catch a whiff of smoke from our parlor stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment