Friday, December 21, 2018

A December Thaw


After a very cold and snowy November the sun reappeared.
 
After watching one of those horror food documentaries about how terrible it is to eat GMO,  chemically-fertilized wheat,  I asked Marja to make some sourdough rye bread like they make in Finland.
The hand mixer is a section from a young pine tree with stubs of branches.
The actual temperature outside reached all the way to 50 degrees I think, but the sunshine warmed the thermometer pleasantly.

The mild weather motivated me to begin building a cab for my tractor.
I wanted to build something lightweight that could be easily mounted and removed from the tractor - preferably by one man alone.

I attached the back of it to the roll-bar assembly  I built it so that it just fits under the garage door.

The hard part is done.  All that remains is to add plywood, windows and paint.  Winter will return and blowing snow while sitting on an open tractor has never appealed to me.  Just like smoke from a campfire,  snow will inevitably blow back in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment