Sunday, July 15, 2018

Parole!

I was finally granted parole after serving 33 years at the institution of higher learning formerly called the Michigan College of Mines.  My mother said that when I came home from kindergarten she would ask me how school went, but my stock answer was, "I've been there, I don't want to talk about it."  Ironically,  I spent most of my life in school or working at a University. 

My fellow inmates put on a real nice party for me and the wardens assured them that if they behaved themselves for another twenty of thirty years they too might be considered for parole.  
 
This time they even got the Finnish correct.
All the grandchildren showed up for the occasion.

These four stayed calm enough for another picture.

The warden came by the following day for a bike ride.  We did a 15 mile loop of which 10 miles was under a torrential downpour thunderstorm.  The logging roads we rode on were literally rivers.  Needless to say we were thoroughly soaked....

...and muddy.


Twas a rainy weekend

Which the flowers loved.  No, these aren't dandelions.  I believe they are Yellow Goatsbeard.

Indian aka Devil's Paintbrushes

Buttercups

A Mexican dish consisting of  chicken, rice, beans, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, onions, corn, sour cream,  guacamole, etc.  Unless you're really careful and only take a very little bit of each topping by the time you are through you have a small mountain on your plate.  But no worries, it was delicious.

The girls concurred.


This one had already eaten at home.

 Looks like everyone was well fed.


1 comment: