Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Playing Catch Up

We were out of the country for most of June, so summer was in full bloom by the time we got back.

We planted our garden on July 12, more than a month later than we normally would have.  However, the soil was warm and we were in experiencing a heat wave, so we decided to go for broke.  I even planted a couple of rows of corn.  The package said "matures in 62 days", so I figure we might have a chance.  We will see.

We planted the greenhouse full of various tomato seedlings and covered the soil with newpapers to keep down the weeds.  The results look promising so far.

The chickens had grown considerably in three weeks.

One of my goals for the summer is to build a shed for the tractor.  I dug and transported over twenty bucketfuls of fill dirt from a sandy spot....

...and dumped it just off the driveway where I plan to build the shed.

These peonias were transplanted from plants that were originally in my father's mother's yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment