Monday, March 11, 2019

The Highwater Mark of Winter 2019


This is likely the deepest the snow would get this winter.  The forecast for the next few days is highs in the 40's and RAIN.  That should lower the snow level considerably.

Our driveway.

That hump on the left is our woodpile,completely buried.



Looking from the top of the snowbank down at the hayshed door.
This post is 42 inches long.  I set a number of these in a line to mark my path from the house to the hayshed.  This is the only one still showing.  All the others are buried.  
The average depth of snow is around 4 feet.

Wind driven snow.

Looking down at the pond.
The farmhouse.

The sauna.

Sam is running out room to push snow.

I had to cut back the banks with my snogo many times this winter.


Sam's driveway keeps getting smaller.  With a plow truck you push back the snow as far as you can at the beginning of winter.  Each time you plow your snowbanks get closer.  The trick is to run out of winter before you run out of room to push your snow.  This winter a lot of people ran out of room first.
Snow "pebbles" thrown from the snogo.

Wind carved snow reminds me of the sandstone slabs at Wolf Point.

The continent of ? with its neighboring islands.

Home, sweet home.

Yeah, I might as well admit it.  I really like my John Deere tractor.  There is something really cool about driving a powerful machine that enables you to move great piles of snow or dirt.  I guess we never outgrow Tonka toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment