Thursday, October 9, 2014

2014 Chain Drive

Jonathan gave it his all and finished 6th in the 16 mile, which was actually 18 miles.  The course was wet and the weather was cold.

Yours truly celebrated his 60th birthday a couple of days early and finished in an hour and 50 minutes, the same time as I did 5 years ago when the course was shorter and faster.

Most importantly I finished ahead of my lovely daughter in law, Amanda and thus avoided the ignominy of "getting girled", a taunt that my sons have used on each other at various races.  Now that I have laid down the gauntlet, however, I'm going to have to train hard this winter because Amanda keeps getting faster.

Sam did the long race.  By virtue of Jonathan's speed he and I placed third in the father/son category and won water bottles and socks.  I think that's the first time I ever won anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment